Date: 04 Jul 2017
Senior Researcher (Knowledge Production) (Tier 1: RB)
Tenure: Contract (Renewable)
Detailed information and application procedure
can be viewed at
Deadline for Applications: 2 August 2017
Martin Chautari encourages applications by candidates from marginal and excluded groups.
Job description: Senior Researcher
As MC's Senior Researcher, the candidate will
- Coordinate and manage its ongoing and future projects in the education research unit;
- Take a lead role in designing and conducting education research using a variety of methods such as content analyses, case studies and surveys;
- Provide close supervision and guidance to the researchers in the education research unit;
- Take a lead role in developing concept notes and proposals for new research projects related to education;
- Take the lead role in the formulation and implementation of annual program implementation plan of the concerned projects in accordance with the approved project proposals;
- Take the lead role in all aspects of relevant project administration to ensure smooth and timely implementation of all relevant project activities;
- Follow-up with partner organizations, relevant government and non-government agencies/organizations and individuals regarding timely and efficient delivery of relevant project activities and outputs;
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports of educational projects as required;
- Perform any other tasks related to the successful implementation of education research projects at Martin Chautari.
Key Skills and Competencies
- PhD with five years of proven research experience or MA with 15 years of proven research experience in the related field
- Excellent language skills (both written and spoken) in English and Nepali
- Proficiency in the use of information and communication technology tools
- Ability to work independently within strict deadlines
Position will require travels both within and outside Kathmandu Valley but s/he will be primarily stationed in Kathmandu.
Reports to the Research Director (Knowledge Production)
Drop your application to Chautari front desk (27 Jeetjung Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Senior Researcher application” with the following attachments: (i) a cover letter; (ii) the most recent cv including names and contacts of two references; and (iii) a chapter or article length writing sample, all as separate files. Please name and number the files as Surname_Year_SR. Application deadline: 2 August 2017.